Ideal candidate is friendly, energetic, can communicate basic knowledge of products in our store, is self-motivated and has a passion for food and learning about cheese, charcuterie, and pairings. This position entails, but is not limited to regular customer interaction, maintaining cheese displays, completing orders at the counter (cutting & wrapping cheese), making cheeseboards, working the cash register, assisting with inventory, answering phones/taking orders over the phone, and assisting with opening and closing duties. Previous experience as a cheesemonger, or in retail, food service, or restaurants is preferred but not necessary. We are willing to train the right person.
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must be willing to learn basic knowledge of products in our store (cheese, charcuterie, pantry items, beer, and wine)
· Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
· Must be able stand for extended periods of time & manage a fast-paced environment
· Have basic knowledge of working a cash register and math skills
· Have basic knowledge with knives and be comfortable cutting cheese and using a meat slicer
· Must obtain Food Handler Certification from approved source within 30 days of hire, reimbursement after 90 days
· Must obtain TABC Seller Training Certification within 30 days of hire, reimbursement after 90 days
· Must be dependable, punctual, have flexibility in scheduling, and be able to work weekends and occasional evenings
· Part-time (10-15 hours a week)
· Seasonal hire from August to December but could become permanent
· $13 - $15 an hour depending on experience, plus tips
· Discounts on store items
· Free cheese tastings
· Friendly environment
· Free water, coffee, tea
Although we are not currently hiring, if you're interested in working for us, start by applying here and attaching your resume. Please no phone calls, email us at email@example.com or inquire in store.
We will be closed on February 27th for staff training!